The Anchor Orthopedic Program is designed to provide complete home care services for persons who have elective hip or knee replacement surgery. It is a collaborative model designed to integrate Anchor home care protocols with protocols of providers such as orthopedic surgeons, acute and subacute care facilities and managed care organizations.
WHAT WILL THE ANCHOR ORTHOPEDIC PROGRAM PROVIDE?
. Comprehensive patient assessment and care provided by registered nurses and physical therapists who have
training and experience in the management of joint replacement patients
. A care delivery model based on the integration of multi-organization protocols
• Enhanced patient preparedness and early recovery
. Consistency in postoperative patient care
Standardized rehabilitation protocols for joint replacement
• Improved patient outcomes and patient satisfaction
• Cost containment and savings
. Up-to-date patient teaching tools
• Outcome measurement reporting
• Functional improvement
• Decreased hospitalization/emergent care utilization . Reduced cost of care by episode