Anchor Home Healthcare
The Anchor AIDS Management and Support Program encourages and promotes personal dignity through a comprehensive approach to management of complications and symptom control.
WHAT WILL THE ANCHOR AIDS MANAGEMENT AND SUPPORT PROGRAM PROVIDE?
• An on-site patient needs assessment conducted by a registered nurse
Individualized care planning that includes:
Understanding and meeting each individual's medical, psychological, social and emotional needs
• Improved quality of life through:
. Symptom management and control
• Crisis prevention through early recognition of clinical symptoms
Family/caregiver inclusion in the plan of care
24-hour access to care
• Community resource identification and linkage
• A focus on self-care management by teaching individuals and caregivers to:
• Implement universal precaution practices
• Manage symptoms and provide comfort measures . Administer medications and treatments
• Adapt lifestyles in response to an altered physical status
• An outcome measurement component
• Functional improvement
• Decreased hospitalization/emergent care utilization
Reduced cost of care by episode
The use of the Anchor AIDS Management and Support Program approach will ensure that the patient outcomes to care reflect a stable disease state, decreased incidence of emergency care, as well as an improvement in activity tolerance and overall well being.